Monday, March 8, 2010

Walking the Walk....

I've had a cold for the past few days. The kind that fills your head up with goo and makes you feel like you're walking on the bottom of an ocean. So I haven't felt like being on the computer. Today is better. I love catching up on other blogs. To me it's like having a mini meeting at work. Friday night my sponsor and I had a great talk. She is such an awesome woman with so much to share. I am so glad we can "journey" together. She brought up stepping out of the comfort zone. I was liking my 5:30 meeting time, and was a little off balance last week with having to switch my meetings around. This lead us to the topic of those that can "talk the talk", and those that actually "walk the walk". Not everyone walks the walk. I see it in a lot of people that have gone through the twelve steps, stayed sober a period of time and have now stopped growing. I didn't notice it before but now it's pretty clear. Many people at the 5:30 meetings have stopped growing. They are in the car but not driving. The lady who heads the meeting on Sunday's said, "It was scary but like the big book says, I was ready to drive, to live life on life's terms". I have a great life, I've just been looking at it from afar the last few years. I now want to jump in and participate. I am filled with gratitude that God didn't give up on me, that he threw me a rope to grab onto, gave me a program to implement into my life. Put awesome people to guide me, to support me, and showed me how much my family and friends love me! Keeping it "simple" the first year will be hard on me. Heck, keeping it simple for 24 hours at a time is hard for me, but I realize that I have a personal goal, something just for myself, and that is to be someone who doesn't just "talk the talk", but someone who actually "walks the walk" every 24 hours at a time!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment