Friday, December 17, 2010

Flash 55 Friday

Stoplight Master Piece

The light turns red,
and I wait in a haze
of exhaust fumes
My eyes wander into
the park and discover
your pine needles have
been flocked white with
nature's paint brush,
a veritable fairyland Utopia
I gaze a bit longer before
the light turns green and
the tangerine sun bursts through your tree trunks....

Every morning it never fails I get stuck at the same stop light. Since there are many more stop lights at this intersection it takes a while. The other day I glanced into the park and saw that all the tops of the pine trees were frosted the most beautiful white. Since the weather has been below zero everything is looking like a winter wonderland. Now I have something to look forward to at the stop light. Have a very busy weekend planned. Hope you are all ready for the upcoming holidays and that you are surrounded by family and friends who love you. Have an awesome weekend....

10 comments:

  1. Amazing what's out there when you look. Nice 55.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visual prompts are always what work for me. This one was great.

    Thanks for stopping by my 55.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful description - it's that moment where you dont blink or breath you just take in the beauty

    Have a wonderful Christmas with your family

    Hugs from the Moon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This paints a beautiful picture, a magical winter wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful colors all around us...nice capture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do that all the time...
    All you gotta do is STOP and smell the Coffee.
    This 55 ROCKED DBG!!!
    There is much beauty in simplicity!
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so glad the light turned red and you had time to watch and then write this beautiful 55 for us...nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi you! I love this one... I think I've sat at that intersection. I'm particularly grateful when I can see beauty such as you have instead of sitting there annoyed that I cannot proceed. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter wonderland must be nice. It is just chilly here. But we are very much in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete