Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ready, set, let go........

And he's off to camp. That sweet little boy who now has to lean down to hug his mother was up early and in the shower. He was excited and nervous, and probably getting annoyed with his mother who kept saying..."did you pack this? did you remember this?" Finally after one too many eye rolls I gave him a hug good-bye, shut my mouth, and turned him over to God. Letting go is not my strong-suit. I would prefer to hang on tightly. My own insecurities and fears were rising up all yesterday and so on my way to work I said a prayer and turned him over to God. I hope these next few days are just an awesome experience for him. The weather is not cooperating as wind gusts are up to 65 mph, cold, rainy and snow showers. Not that insane weather is uncommon in Wisconsin, I just have the typical mom syndrome of worrying that the bus will flip over on the way up to camp. I know, let go,let God, let go, let God......Grace and Sam had a great time at the pumpkin patch party. They looked so cute with their fake mustaches! This was the first time my husband had to take them, plus they took the three neighborhood kids too! This is open to the public as a community outreach, and free so it is heavily attended. My husband said it was crazy, and asked for an Excedrin when he came home :) Bible study was great, and tonight our group is sponsoring a free meal at our church. This is for anyone who wants/needs a hot meal with fellowship. We generally serve around 100 people. Despite the work it's a lot of fun. Then the week should slow down a bit. I would be lost without my higher power and AA. The tools for living have made it possible for me to live. I'm no longer a spectator but a major player. So let go, let God, and live life.......:)

1 comment:

  1. nice. good job being involved...and love serving meals...so many interesting people to sit and learn their stories...esp this time of year...

    ReplyDelete