Friday, October 29, 2010

Flash 55 Friday

Jackpot

I catch your eye across the room
You arch your left brow - I smile
and nod-like two thieves in the
night we wordlessly creep into
the kitchen. Fingers travel
lightly as we sort through the loot.
Candy bars, Tootsie rolls, Sweet Tarts,
and gumballs galore! Then...simultaneously
we reach for it: the Almond Joy......


Every year my husband and I scour the kids Halloween candy for Almond Joys. Sometimes we share, others it's every man for himself. What's funny is we never eat that candy bar at any other time of year, only Halloween. If you and yours will be "trick or treating" please be safe. Have a wonderful weekend........

6 comments:

  1. hehe. reese's cups are my weakness...

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky - my kid still has braces and can't have lots of the good stuff. Plus he doesn't care for nuts, so the Almond Joys, Snickers and Mr. Goodbars are all mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this...it's not like you couldn't buy a whole bunch of Almond Joys for yourselves, but there is something about pilfering from the kids that make it extra tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes ya feel like a nut
    Sometimes you don't!
    Almond Joy's got Nuts
    Mounds Don't!
    Excellent 55...
    have a Kick Ass Week-End.....G

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Love this... I'm a sucker for butterfingers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those little bites of candy. And I rarely eat them.

    ReplyDelete