Friday, August 6, 2010

Flash 55 Friday

Vacate

It's been six months
since I left you.
Done with your lies
and empty promises.
Your charms no longer
seduce me, your myths
no longer convincing.
Now I drink in the
rays of the sun, smile
at my children's laughter,
and warm to my lover's touch.
For now I breath in the
decadence of life.......



Today is my six month anniversary in AA. If "you will be amazed before you are halfway through" I am. My life has changed so drastically in the last six months. There are times when that darkness seems so far away and then I will get a subtle reminder of how fast it can come back. Today I am grateful for getting the chance to wake up in the middle of my life, and knowing I can choose to life the other half differently and sober......

(the "lover" of course is my husband just to clarify :)

15 comments:

  1. congratulations! 6 months is awesome...so glad you woke up and can drink life now...great 55. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've found a better 'drink' to quench your thirst. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! Keep up the good work! Great 55 too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the way to do it. The decadence of life has a lot going for it.

    My 55 is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OhMyGAWD...so glad you "clarified"!!!--grin!

    CONGRATULATIONS! on SIX MONTHS! And welcome into the ranks of "long-timers"...(kidding)

    I too, have had the most AMAZING second half of life. And I thank God every day for it. Keep it up, girl, it only keeps getting better and BETTER!
    God Bless you and yours.

    No "55" this week, but I do have a Magpie, HERE

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful 55 - and congrats on being sober for 6 awesome months - glad you changed for drinking rays of sun now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, how extra super awesome -- poem and sobriety both.

    WAY to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!!!!
    Fantastic achievement.
    You Rock DBG
    Loved your 55 also.
    I love story's like this.
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! That is a brave step!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 6 months, awesome, keep goin! yay!

    nice 55!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 6 months. I hope you have many more, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy for you. Enjoying life and loving it while sober. How great is that?

    ReplyDelete