Friday, September 24, 2010

Flash 55 Friday

Homecoming

Pajama day,
Warrior wear,
school spirit and class identity.
Pep rallies, school skits, and
voting for the "queen".
As evening falls the bright
lights implode a thousand shouts
and yells, and endzone dreams.
Afterwards a dimly lit cafeteria
decorated in blue and gold. Together
you and I emerse in the warm sea
of swaying dancers.....


It's homecoming week at my son's high school. Unfortunately we are getting a lot of rain and the big game might be cancelled. Lots of activities going on. He's going to the dance with a girl that he's known since preschool. They have actually gone to school together for the last ten years. She has grown into a very pretty girl and I'm sure he's noticed. Just wanted to write something that would take me back to a time that didn't seem so long ago. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.....

7 comments:

  1. hope the rains hold off for you...spirit day here today as well so getting the boys dressed up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the game is played and all that you've beautifully captured in your 55 takes place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your '55'! Even though I am age 77, those high school days still seem like very recent. ENJOY this weekend of homecoming.
    PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved High School Spirit!!
    Thanks for the memories.
    Very Cool 55 My Dear...
    This Rocked baby.
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End.
    Galen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such memories you evoke. Great 55. Hope your son has a terrific time.
    My 55 is HERE .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow; he's known her since preschool!?
    Now that's commitment. :)

    This brings back memories, except my own high school colors were orange and black.

    Thanks for doing Friday 55!

    Mine's been posted here since last night, but it's taken me this long to visit and leave comments. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. I remember those times, awkward but exciting.

    ReplyDelete