Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flash 55 Friday.....

Silent Interlude

Coming back from the bathroom
at a quarter to three
I pause at the top of
the stairs to admire the night's stillness.
One, then two, now three....
No two the same, some simple,other's complex.
My feet now frozen to the wooden floor, I
watch mesmerized as you silently change
the world to white.....


One of my favorite things to anticipate is the first snowfall. I love when it snows all night. I could sit for hours and watch the flakes fall, softly, quietly, without a sound.....wishing you a great Friday and the sweetest of dreams......

11 comments:

  1. wow. nice write...waiting on some white stuff to come my way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. DBG...?
    You don't have an Out-House do you?
    I'm still getting used to Fall...Grrrrrr
    Loved your 55 My Dear.
    Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End....G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew- I can relate to getting up and having frozen feet! also love first snow all night-
    Very nice thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And I can hardly wait - and hope that we will have at least one night like that in TX this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the line about a quarter to three. This was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd gladly send all my snow to you, since you enjoy it so.

    (Just trying to make you happy... not avoiding snow shoveling or anything like that - HONEST!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully written. Wonderful images. Great 55.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You express your experiences so beautifully. I love how you are so observant and appreciative of the easily unnoticed and unsung daily miracles we are given.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that feeling of waking up in the morning to newly fallen snow. Haven't experienced that in many years.

    ReplyDelete