Monday, October 11, 2010

Eight is great!

10/10/10 marked eight months sobriety for me. I didn't even realize it until yesterday afternoon. It was a gorgeous weekend weather wise. Hung out all the laundry Sat., we started cleaning the garage(monumental task)went to a great AA meeting, had my mom over for roast, baked squash with pecans, homemade mac n chz. and buttermilk biscuits. Then last night my husband and I attended a concert at the Grand Theatre of Peder Eide. What a celebration of God. We were on our hands, clapping, and shouting to the Lord. I love to worship like this. My husband grew up Catholic and converted to Lutheran when we were married. At first he was a little hesitant to loosen up and join in but after a while he couldn't help it. We were laughing and jumping and it was an awesome two hours. Our marriage is a work in progress. I no longer push it, I've given it to God. Let go and let God. I've accepted that this will be a slow journey. I trust my HP to do it at his will. But last night went a long way for us. It let me see a part of my husband that I had never seen before. It was a great way to celebrate 8 months, and a great way to end a great weekend. Today Sam gets to visit a farm, and it's picture day at school. Life begins it's weekly tredmill run on Monday. However instead of dreading the weeks like I used to I now have the choice to deal with the unexpected, and having those choices is an awesome thing. Peder Eide lives by a simple rule:" God is good, all the time. All the time God is good........

2 comments:

  1. nice. what marriage is not a work in progress...if you ever think you have arrived you are going backward...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8 months for you. Glad that you are doing well. Life in recovery is awesome.

    ReplyDelete