Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Catching up on life.......

"I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
Surrounded by Your Glory, what will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus? Or in awe of You, be still?
Will I stand in Your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'Hallelujah!'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine! I can only imagine!

I Can Only Imagine - by Mercy Me

Last night at bible study this was the topic of our discussion. We are studying revelations and going over the bible's testimony on those that were privledged to get a glimps of heaven. God is described twice in jewel tones ( reflected rainbow colors) or like a prism. This is a very interesting study and as I went through the chapter all I could think about was the song by Mercy Me "I can Only Imagine". To this day when I hear that song, I get very emotional. Tears are often spilling down my cheeks, and I'm awe struck, and humbled at the thought of being in my HP's presence. I had stepped away from bible study when I entered AA. I was attending meetings every day of the week and was getting overwhelmed by too many things on my plate. What a different perspective I have now. I see and notice things I never would have before. It's like a veil has been lifted from my eyes and God's word is no longer a foreign language but a guide. I love the change. Another area of growth. I'm taking the afternoon off from work. My house is in desperate need of cleaning. I want to open all the windows on this gorgeous day, and let the sun pour in on the hardwood floors. In our bedroom which is the whole second floor of our home the windows face south and the light pours in and you can actually smell the wood of the hardwood floors. Our kitty is often found sunning himself up in our room. So I will clean, run errands, make a nice dinner, maybe bike with the kids....and celebrate a simple awesome life....I hope you are doing the same....:)

2 comments:

  1. oh i get emotional at that song as well...most excelent...enjoy the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cry at that song too. it is one of my favorites. happy cleaning.

    ReplyDelete