Thursday, February 16, 2012

Flash 55 Friday

Simplified

It's not the chocolates,
the flowers, or the cards
No gold crown store will
ever get rich on us,
No romantic dinners or candles,
and Victoria's secrets
But the scraping of the windshield, the
warming of my car, cleaning up the dishes,
while I take a long bath, these
are Valentines that last and last.....


It's not that I'm not a romantic but I appreiate the little things now. While people at work were receiving boquets of flowers, or munching on chocolates I was treated to my car windshield being scraped, the interior warmed, dishes cleaned up after dinner, and an opportunity to take a long uninterrupted bath...these are the thoughtful things we do for those we love, on a daily basis, not just once a year. Sweet! Have a great weekend.....

5 comments:

  1. DBG...
    In view of where you live, I'd take the window scraping and car warming anyday!!
    Loved your 55 My Friend
    Thanks for your romantic story, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smiles...i agree...it is the small acts of service...well beyond a day of manufactured love that make all the difference...

      Delete
  2. That is so beautiful and so true. That is love.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good Valentine's Day to me. I like those simple things too.

    ReplyDelete