Friday, February 12, 2010

Brain Fog

Today I woke up and felt like I hit a new low. I had a headache (for once not caused by drinking the night before) my body ached and I was exhausted. I have noticed in the last few days that my memory is terrible. I do eradict things, I can't finish a sentence. I went to the grocery store last night and forgot a list worth of things I knew I had to get. So I listened to my group and picked up the phone and called one of the numbers that was listed. A great woman whom I met last night called me back and assured me that what I was going through was normal. I'm in a fog. I've been out of reality so long that being sober and not chemical induced I'm going against the very nature of my every day habit. Forgetfullness is right on target. This may last for a while before things clear out and I come out of the fog. Old habits die hard. I'm on my fifth day of sobriety. It does feel good. The weekend will be a test. I always knew before that if I started to feel stressed out by late afternoon I could start to relax with my old pal alcohol. Now I have to find another way to relax. To deal with life. And boy have I been good at avoiding life!

No comments:

Post a Comment